We believe that summers should be spent in the country, joyfully learning creative expression through dynamic adventures from around the world.
“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books,
traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints.”
ALL SUMMER CAMPS ARE FULL AND SUMMER ENROLLMENT HAS CLOSED.
PLEASE CHECK BACK NEXT FEBRUARY 2024 FOR NEW SESSIONS!
We offer your child:
· a shady campus nestled on 7 acres in the country near the Rio Grande
· culturally diverse, individualized, hands-on learning
· 10-1 student/teacher ratios with fun, energetic, experienced, caring teachers
· a Montessori program for children ages 18 months to 12 years.
Summer Camps will run June 5 - August 4 , 2023!
We will be closed the week of July 3-7 for cleaning.
Located in Corrales, New Mexico (near Albuquerque and Rio Rancho)
For children 18 months to 12 years old
This summer’s offerings are a mix of our most popular activities! We invite you to join us this summer for joyful learning and creative expression through dynamic adventures in hands on learning for children of all ages. Your child will have the opportunity to safely explore exciting learning environments enhanced by a culturally rich curriculum which involve both physical, social and creative challenges. Our elementary summer programs will include sports, visiting artists, water play and a weekly showcase our adventures. Your children will be engaged in activities with our masterful teaching staff that will foster confidence, independence and positive peer interactions while leaving them feeling enriched and entertained like never before. Learning was never this fun! We look forward to enrolling your child into a selection of engaging camps for the full 10 weeks or you can select the weeks you wish to attend and pop in for summer enrichment and fun throughout summer!
SCHEDULE AND FEES per weekly camp
8:30-11:30 costs $250
8:30-3:00 costs $300
7:00-6:00 costs $350
Before/after drop in childcare cost $10 per hour and must be paid at pick up.
2023 Camp offerings include:
1- June 5: OCEANOGRAPHY
2- June 12: NATIONAL PARK ADVENTURES
3-June 19: INSECT CAMP
4-June 26: DINOSAUR CAMP
JULY 3-7-NO CAMP CLOSED FOR CLEANING
5- July 10: SPACE CAMP
6-July 17: STORYTELLING CAMP
7-July 24: ENCHANTED FOREST CAMP
8-Jully 31: HARRY POTTER CAMP
(topics subject to change)
Toddlers (ages 18 months to 3 years)
- If you’ve ever wondered if your youngster is ready for “preschool,” we invite you to come and observe our toddler teachers at work. Our staff of professional educators strives to create a warm and loving, home-like experience in their carefully prepared, child-centered environments. Each cozy setting allows your child numerous opportunities for positive social interaction and development in the areas of language, order, movement and independence. Two and three-year-olds need a nurturing and secure atmosphere in which to experiment and express themselves so our programs provide a joyful and supportive and loving atmosphere in which they can thrive! The program is offered in five week blocks. The relaxed, lazy, hazy days of summer are a perfect time to introduce your toddler to this wonderful new experience. We invite you to call our office to schedule a tour.
- Summer Toddler Programs (ages 18 months to 3 1/2) are two 4-week sessions only. Session #1 runs June 5-June 30 for and Session #2 runs July 10-August 4.
Summer FAQs for the Cottonwood School
Toddler Students must enroll in a four week block.
· Sibling discounts are not available during the summer sessions.
· We do not offer partial sessions or payments.
· Each session must be paid in full at time of registration. Refunds will not be issued.
· Summer school enrollment does not guarantee class placement in the fall.
· Children cannot be enrolled without a current immunization record.
· Children should dress in play clothes and comfortable, closed-toe walking shoes. No open sandals, please.
· Children should wear a hat and apply sunscreen liberally before arriving at school each day.
· Water play occurs every Wednesday. All children should arrive at school in their swim wear with a tote bag, a beach towel, crocs or water shoes, labeled sunscreen and an extra set of clothes to change into after water play.
· All children should have a spare set of dry clothes in their backpack. Personal belongings must be labeled with your child’s first and last name.
· Each child, excluding the Toddlers who pack their own snacks, will need to bring a fresh, frozen or non-perishable snack for 12 to be shared in the kitchen pantry with all classes. NO NUTS, PLEASE!
· Children enrolled in the 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. session must bring a NUT FREE sack lunch and water bottle each day. Food cannot be heated up or refrigerated.
· Children who extend their program time will be charged an additional childcare fee of $10 hour paid to staff at time of pick up.
· Masks are optional unless there is a state health order in place or a student has been exposed to covid.
·Teachers will communicate with parents each week via Brightwheel text messaging. Parents or teachers will sign students in by hand each day as well as Brightwheel to track attendance. Parents can reach staff and admin via Brightwheel or by calling 505-897-8375 or 505-239-1765.
Children who present with fever or symptoms of illness will be sent home. Sick children must wait 24 hours before returning to school and must take a COVID rapid home test and send the results to the director or teacher in order to be cleared to return. If a child is exposed to COVID at home or around the community they may attend camp as long as they are negative, but must wear a mask while at school and take a rapid test for COVID every five days up to fourteen days from exposure.
Please note that we are a nut-free campus
Enrollment Application can be found at FORMS on our front webpage or for further information or to enroll by phone, please call the school at 897-8375 to learn more or email
Julianna Martin at email@example.com
Children will be rostered into an age appropriate class over 8 weeks. We will offer drop in enrollment through the summer only if there is availability. Themes and activities are built around art, drama, music, sports, social studies and science will be lively and engaging but are subject to change.
Please check the sessions of your choice and then circle one of the time slots to the right of each session and return your application with a current immunization record. We will set up your account a through BRIGHTWHEEL PHONE APP and send you information each week through your Brightwheel account if there is availability.
Enrollment preference will be given to currently enrolled and returning students. Enrollment will be open to the public after April 1st.