We believe that summers should be spent in the country, joyfully learning creative expression through dynamic adventures from around the world.
“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints.”
Summers should be spent in the country!
Cottonwood School this summer
for 10 great weeks
of friendship and fun!
We offer your child:
· a shady campus nestled on 7 acres in the country near the Rio Grande
· culturally diverse, individualized, hands-on learning
· 10-1 student/teacher ratios with fun, energetic, experienced, caring teachers
· a Montessori program for children ages 2 to 12 years.
Summer Camps Run June 14 - August 20, 2021!
Located in Corrales, New Mexico (near Albuquerque and Rio Rancho)
For children 2 to 12 years old
This summer’s offerings are a mix of our most popular activities! We invite you to join us this summer for joyful learning and creative expression through dynamic adventures in hands on learning for children of all ages. Your child will have the opportunity to safely explore exciting learning environments enhanced by a culturally rich curriculum which involve both physical, social and creative challenges. Our elementary summer programs will include sports, visiting artists, water play and a weekly showcase our adventures. Your children will be engaged in activities with our masterful teaching staff that will foster confidence, independence and positive peer interactions while leaving them feeling enriched and entertained like never before. Learning was never this fun! We look forward to enrolling your child into a fixed co-hort of 20 for five or ten weeks June 14-Aug 20!
SCHEDULE AND FEES per weekly camp
9:00-12:00 costs $175
9:00-3:00 costs $200
7:00-6:00 costs $225
Before/after childcare $10
Camp offerings in no particular order include:
Book N Cook Camp
Math Games Camp
Toddlers (ages 18 months to 3 years)
- If you’ve ever wondered if your youngster is ready for “preschool,” we invite you to come and observe our toddler teachers at work. Our staff of professional educators strives to create a warm and loving, home-like experience in their carefully prepared, child-centered environments. Each cozy setting allows your child numerous opportunities for positive social interaction and development in the areas of language, order, movement and independence. Two and three-year-olds need a nurturing and secure atmosphere in which to experiment and express themselves so our programs provide a joyful and supportive and loving atmosphere in which they can thrive! The program is offered in five week blocks. The relaxed, lazy, hazy days of summer are a perfect time to introduce your toddler to this wonderful new experience. We invite you to call our office to schedule a tour.
- Summer Toddler Programs (ages 18 months to 3 1/2) are two 5-week sessions only.
Summer FAQs for the Cottonwood School
· Sibling discounts are not available during the summer sessions.
· Partial payments or partial sessions will not be accepted.
· Each session must be paid in full at time of registration. Refunds will not be issued.
· Summer school enrollment does not guarantee class placement in the fall.
· Children cannot be enrolled without a current immunization record.
· Children should dress in play clothes and comfortable, closed-toe walking shoes. No sandals.
· Children must wear a mask, a hat and apply sunscreen liberally before arriving at school each day.
· All children will need a tote bag with a water bottle, a beach towel, a swim suit, sunscreen and an extra set of clothes for water play in each session.
· All lunch boxes and personal belongings must be labeled with your child’s first and last name.
· Children enrolled in the 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. session must bring a snack and a lunch each day.
· Children will be rostered into a BRIGHTWHEEL account through the school for remote sign in.
· Children who extend their program time will be charged an additional childcare fee of $10 hour.
Please note that we are a nut-free campus
For information, please call the school at 897-8375 to learn more or email
Children will be rostered into permanent class pods for one or two five week sessions, only. We will not be offering drop in enrollment as in the past to minimize exposure to staff and students through the summer. Themes and activities around art, drama, music, sports, social studies and science will be lively and engaging but we will not announce them until a week before each one launches.
Please check one or both sessions of your choice and then circle one of the time slots to the right of each session and return your application with a current immunization record.